The Core Cities Network, chaired by Dr Tim Moorhead, is a peer led network representing CCGs from the eight core cities in England outside London. Our reach stretches across Nottingham, Leeds, Sheffield, Bristol, Newcastle, Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester.
We meet with one purpose: to improve the health outcomes of populations that live in complex city environments. As a group we speak at a national level collectively as core cities CCGs.
Our ambitions as a network
The network have three goals to add value to our members, our organisations and the wider health system, these are:
- To raise awareness of the common issues faced by health service commissioners in the Core Cities.
- To effectively influence national policy and ensure it takes into account the distinct needs and common issues of health commissioners in Core Cities.
- To facilitate practical peer-to-peer support for health service commissioners working in the Core Cities and enable them to do their jobs more effectively by promoting information sharing and joint learning in relation to the common issues they face.
The core cities are often the leaders of innovation and system development within the NHS. To share this learning following each network meeting from 2018 onwards a case study will be produced. The first two are available below:
- Clinical Engagement and Collaboration – Newcastle Gateshead CCG This case study explores the value of clinical engagement and collaboration, as well as the challenges and benefits from working across different geographies. Download the case study.
- The Greater Nottingham Transformation Partnership – Nottingham City CCG, Nottingham North & East CCG, Nottingham West CCG, and Rushcliffe CCG This case study looks at how commissioners and providers in Nottingham used the results of system-wide actuarial analysis to develop a framework that improves care, infrastructure and governance. Download the case study.
The Core Cities Network have produced two publications. These are:
Find out more
If you would like any further information or to get in contact with the Core Cities Network please contact email@example.com