- Venue : Mary Ward House, 5-7 Tavistock Place, London, WC1H 9SN
- Date : 23 January 2019
- Event Time : 10:00-15:30
- Download PDF :
The draft agenda for the day can be downloaded below.
The focus for the day will be the NHS long term plan, what this mean for commissioners and commissioning nurses, and how this will support the current and future workforce.
The agenda for the day (which can be downloaded below) has been developed based on discussions at the last meeting and offers an opportunity to engage with the national arms-lengths bodies. This includes:
- Julie Wood, chief executive, NHSCC discussing the next steps for clinical commissioning, what the long term plan means for the commissioning system and how the commissioning nurse role will evolve
- A presentation on the what the long term plan will mean for the workforce, what action will be taken to support current and future staff and the role of the commissioning nurse in supporting delivery
- Colleagues from NHS England presenting a series of practical resources to support reduced delayed transfers of care in winter. We know that this is a priority area for members.
- Steph Lawrence, Acting Executive Director of Nursing Leeds Community Healthcare presenting the QNI district nurse apprenticeship that aims to support this key component of the workforce
We will also be holding our regular best practice session with presentations on:
- Maintaining a focus on quality in challenging financial circumstances – NHS NEW Devon CCG
- Implementing the Nursing Associate role – NHS Gloucestershire CCG
- Safeguarding compliance in primary care – NHS Rotherham CCG
If you have any questions please get in touch via email to email@example.com.