Please note that the date of this meeting has been changed and will now be held on Monday 29th April 2019.
The draft agenda for the day can be downloaded below and has been developed based on discussions at the last meeting, where members agreed that it would be valuable to focus on workforce. It offers an opportunity to engage with the national arms-lengths bodies and speakers include:
• Mark Radford, Deputy CNO, NHS Improvement discussing the development of the Workforce Implementation Plan being taken forward by NHSI.
• Lisa Bayliss-Pratt, Director of Nursing, Health Education England presenting HEE schemes that are being implemented to support the future workforce and discussing further work that is being done nationally to address workforce challenges.
• Fleur Nielsen, Head of Policy, Council of Deans of Health presenting the work being done with UK Universities to ensure that future service needs are met.
• Lara Carmona, Associate Director of Policy and Public Affairs, Royal College of Nursing will provide an update on the work RCN are undertaking to address recruitment and retention issues, and to ensure a nurse voice in the developing commissioning system.
We will also be holding our regular best practice session with presentations on:
• Safeguarding compliance in primary care – NHS Rotherham CCG
Please register to attend here.
If you have any questions please get in touch via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.