- Venue : Webinar
- Date : 14 January 2021
- Event Time : 12 - 1.30pm
Register now | Download the agenda
The NHS Long Term Plan commits to improving services for people with learning disabilities and autism. The aim of this webinar, hosted by the Mental Health Network, is to share good practice and examples of service transformation. We will hear about what that means from a service user perspective as well as from both statutory and voluntary sector services that provide support.
The webinar will be chaired by Zelda Peters, from Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS FT.
- Christine Burke, Foundation for People with Learning Disabilities and Peter Allum, Expert by Experience and Co-Chair of the FPLD Advisory Board will talk about supporting the mental health needs of people with learning disabilities.
- Roger Banks, National Clinical Director for Learning Disabilities and Autism, NHSEI, will give an overview of national policy
- Sue Deeley, from Getta Life, will talk about person centred approaches to supported living.
- Vicky Donnelly, Strategic Health Facilitator & Clinical Specialist Lead Learning Disabilities Bradford District & Craven CCG, will focus on linking with self-advocacy groups to develop work stream priorities
- Dr Girish Vaidya, Clinical Lead, Yorkshire and Humber Operational Delivery Network for Autism and Learning Disabilities will talk about their work to develop life-span services for people with learning disabilities and autism.